We are pleased to announce that online enrollment for our 2013 Winter Share is now open to members of Stearns Farm. We are giving members a priority enrollment period (until September 28th) before opening enrollment to the general public.
The Big Picture
The winter share at Stearns Farm is a way to stay connected to the food we eat as the weather turns colder and the fields prepare for their winter rest. The winter share consists of vegetables such as winter squash, cabbage, onions, potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celeriac, and more that are grown during the summer and stored in our root cellar, and fresh greens (spinach, salad greens, kale) which are grown in our greenhouse and tunnels in late fall.
1) We have shortened the share this year to 2 months, November and December.
2) Pickups will be on SATURDAYS from 9AM – 1PM.
3) There will be only one pickup day each month: November 23rd and December 21st.
4) The cost is $100 plus a 2 hour work commitment that must be performed between 10/1 – 12/15. No extensions.
5) Pay-in-lieu option for the work commitment remains at $10/hour and payment must be received by 12/15/13.
Please check you calendar before enrolling, as the date and times of pickups are not flexible.
Enrollment consists of 2 steps:
1) Submit an online request here. NOTE: You will need your userid and password to log in. Before you get to the enrollment page you will be asked to confirm your membership details. After pressing the submit button, you will receive an email confirming reception of your application with a payment summary.
2) Mail a check to the farm (862 Edmands Road, Framingham, MA 01701) or hand deliver one to the green lockbox on the check-in table. Your check must be received by SEPTEMBER 28TH to process your application in the priority pool. This deadline is firm; if your check is being sent by your bank, please allow adequate time.
All member applications will be ranked by membership points during the priority enrollment period. If we have more applications than shares available, the number of points one has will determine who gets the shares. You will receive a notification of your enrollment status by email on 9/29-9/30.
If we still have shares available after September 28th, enrollment will be opened to the public and remaining shares will be sold on a first paid basis (membership points no longer hold any priority after 9/28).