Adapted from The Classic Italian Cook Book by Marcella Hazan
For 4 persons
2 bunches of Swiss Chard, the ones with the broadest stalks
1/4 cup Butter
2/3 cup fresh Parmesan Cheese
1. Pull of the leaves and use in a different recipe. Wash the stalks and cut into 4: pieces
2. Drop in pot of boiling salted water and cook for approximately 30 minutes. (They should be tender but firm because they will cook more in the oven.)
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
4. butter a rectangular baking dish and arrange stalks on bottom. Sprinkle with salt, cheese and dot with butter.
5. Place another layer and season the same until you have used all the stalks. Top layer should be generously sprinkled with cheese and dotted with butter.
6. Bake top third of oven for 15 minutes and serve warm (not hot)