Recipe from sharer Lisa Shaftel
Vegan, 4 servings, make ahead because it’s chilled
2 tbsp butter or olive oil
1 small or 1/3 cup sweet onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 cup fresh peas (shelled)
1 ½ cup water (maybe more)
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp fresh tarragon leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
Chopped fresh chives for garnish
- Heat the olive oil or butter in a saucepot. Sauté chopped onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the chopped garlic and sauté 1 more minute.
- Add the peas and 1 ½ cups water, some salt & pepper. Bring to just barely boiling, then reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes. Add the mint leaves and fresh tarragon, stir, simmer for 30 seconds more.
- Puree in a blender or immersion blender (stick blender). Adjust salt & pepper to taste. You may want to add a bit more water for thinner consistency; (this should not be thick like pea soup made from dried split peas).
- Let cool. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Serve cold in small juice glasses garnished with chopped chives. This soup is drunk from a glass, not served in a bowl and eaten with a spoon.