Adapted from Susie Middleton The Fresh & Green Table
This is a cool pasta recipe perfect for picnics or bbqs.
Change up the veggies: broccoli, peppers, and beans work just keep them thinly sliced or small-diced.
- In a food processor, chop the garlic, ginger and cilantro, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary to chop thoroughly.
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, peanut oil, sesame oil, sugar and chili-garlic sauce. Process until well combined. Add ½ cup (125 ml) hot water and process until the mixture is creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Transfer the sauce to a 2-cup (500-ml) measuring cup or sturdy deep bowl.
- Cook the linguine according to the package instructions. Transfer to a colander, rinse with cool water and let drain. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add the peanut oil and 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt and mix well.
- Add most of the snow peas, snap peas, carrots, cabbage, scallions and cilantro reserving a little of each for garnish.
- Pour three-quarters of the sauce over the vegetables and pasta and, using tongs, gently, but thoroughly toss well. Taste and continue to add more sauce, 2 to 3 tablespoons (10 to 15 ml) at a time, until the noodles are well coated. Taste and season with a little more salt, if desired.
- Transfer the dressed noodles and vegetables to a large shallow serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining vegetables, cilantro, peanuts and bean sprouts (if using). Serves 6.