Adapted from Molto Gusto by Mario Batali
1 lb. young green beans
2 medium sweet onions
1 1/2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 Tbl orange juice
2 Tbl olive oil
1. Bring 4 qts of water to boil and add 2 Tbl Kosher salt
2. Add Beans and blanch until crisp tender 3-5 minutes. Drain in colander and cool under cold running water. Drain well.
3. Half onions and cut into 1/2″ thick slices
4. Heat dry saute pan over medium high heat until hot and add onions. Saute until brown in spots but still crunchy, 4-6 minutes. During last minute add beans tossing to warm them and transfer all to bowl.
5. Whisk vinegar,orange juice and oil in small bowl. Pour over beans and toss to coat. Let sit 10 minutes to 1 hour before serving. Sprinkle with salt just before serving.