Adapted from Fast Fresh and Green by Susie Middleton
1 small Acorn squash
2 TBL unsalted Butter
2 Tsp. Maple Syrup
1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla extract
1/8 Tsp. ground Cardamom
1. preheat oven to 475 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut squash in half and remove seeds. Slice into 1/2″ slices and place on parchment paper.
3. In saucepan melt butter over low heat. Remove from heat add maple syrup, vanilla and cardamom.
4. Using a pastry brush brush the squash and sprinkle with salt. Turn squash over and repeat reserving 1 Tbs. of mixture.
5. Roast squash until tender and nicely browned, 10-12 minutes, turning once during cooking.
6. Heat reserved liquid adding additional butter if necessary and brush on squash.