adapted from wheat free meat free
makes about a pint
- 2 ½ cucumbers; peeled, seeded, and sliced
- 10 medium-to-large mint leaves (more or less to taste)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- juice and zest from one lime
1. Make the simple syrup first. Take ½ cup of sugar and ½ cup of water. Place both ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat and gently stir the mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. Peel 2 ½ cucumbers, size in half length-wise, and remove all of the seeds. Then slice into chunks.
3. Place cucumbers and the simple syrup in a blender or food processor. Next add 10 medium-to-large washed mint leaves. Zest the lime into the blender, slice it in half, juice it and add the juice to the blender. Puree until smooth and well combined. Place in a container that has a lid and place into your freezer or process in ice cream maker.
4.If you do not use an ice cream maker give the sorbets a stir every 30 minutes, making sure to break up any ice crystals. Continue checking and stirring the sorbets until frozen solid.