adapted from Istanbul
- 3 large eggplants
- 3 Tbl lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- 1 Tbl chopped parsley
- Char eggplant place under broiler close to heat. Turn to insure even cooking and ensure each side is blackened and blistering and the flesh is beginning to collapse. should take about 30 minutes with large eggplant less with smaller ones.
- Placed charred vegetables in a bowl and splash 1 Tbl of lemon juice over each one. Allow to cool.
- Place on board and split in half. Scoop out flesh avoiding black charred skin as much as possible.
- Squeeze the flesh to remove excess moisture and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Add garlic, olive oil, parsley and a little salt to taste.
- Mash with a fork and serve with flat breads or crudites.