adapted from J.Bilner & sons cookbook
There is no Mayonnaise in this recipe making it a favorite for picnics.
- 1 1/2 pds new potatoes (red if possible)
- 1 shallot
- 2 Tbl Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbl course mustard
- 1/4 cup version olive oil
- 2 Tbl red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbl fresh parsley chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and boil unpeeled potatoes until just tender (about 20 minutes), Drain and cool completely. Cut into 1/2 inch slices. Place in large serving bowl.
- Mince shallot finely
- In small bowl combine mustards and olive oil. Add red wine vinegar, minced shallot, chopped parsley, and salt and pepper. Mix to blend.
- Pour mustard mixture over sliced potatoes and toss to coat. Serve or keep covered in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.