adapted from the blue room in Cambridge
- 4 Tbl unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 or 2 pd winter squash peeled, seeded and cut into 1″ cubes
- 1 russet potato peeled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tsp minced fresh ginger
- pinch of ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 Tbl of butter in large saute pan over medium heat. Add squash, potato, onion, and fresh ginger and cook stirring until the vegetables soften about 8 minutes.
- Add ground ginger, coriander, and curry powder and cook stirring just until spices are fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer vegetables to medium saucepan cover with water and simmer uncovered until they are very soft, about 10 minutes. Drain and puree with hand mixer or food processor.
- Return puree to pan and stir in remaining 3 Tbl butter and season to taste with salt and pepper. reheat over medium heat if necessary and serve.