adapted from Prevention Magazine Feb 2015
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 minced garlic clovers
- 1 Tbl olive oil
- 3 cups chopped kale
- 2 diced sweet potatoes
- 1 qt broth
- 2 cups cooked pasta shells
- Crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese for topping
- Sauté 1 chopped onion and 2 minced cloves garlic in pot with 1 Tbsp oil until softened.
- Add 3 cups chopped kale, 2 diced sweet potatoes, and 1 qt low-sodium broth. Simmer and cook until kale wilts and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Stir in 2 cups cooked pasta shells. Sprinkle with crushed red pepper and Parmesan.