adapted from kitchn.com
- 1 pound orecchiette
- 3/4 pound sausage meat
- Olive oil
- About 4 cups kale, mustard greens, or another hearty green, torn into bite-sized shreds
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup toasted pine-nuts
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan or Pecorino
- Heat a large pot of salted water to boiling and cook the pasta according to package directions. When tender, drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta water. Return the pasta to the pot and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium high heat with a drizzle of olive oil. When hot, add the sausage and cook until well-browned.
- Shove the browned sausage to the side and add the kale. Pour the chicken broth in, cover, and cook for about 8 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and tender.
- Mix the kale, sausage, pine-nuts, cheese, and reserved 1/2 cup of pasta water into the cooked pasta. Serve!