Adapted from P. Allen Smith’s seasonal recipes from the Garden
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp black pepper
- 3 Pds eggplant peeled and cut into 1 inch slices
- 3 ozs of feta (about 2/3 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 Tbl capers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves chopped
- Preheat oven to 425.
- In small bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Toss eggplant with 1/3 cup of dressing reserving the rest.
- Arrange eggplant on baking sheet and toss occasionally until tender and golden on edges around 30 minutes (mine only took 15)
- let cool a bit.
- Gently fold feta, garlic, capers, cherry tomatoes, and mint into remaining dressing, being careful not to mash the feta.
- arrange eggplant on a platter and spoon dressing over top.