Adapted from Eat Clean Live Well by Terry Walters
- 6 large tomatillos
- 1/4 cup rice milk (substitute regular milk)
- 1 1/2 cups corn flour (fine cornmeal)
- 1 Tsp minced fresh oregano
- 1 Tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1/4 Tsp sea salt
- fresh pepper
- grapeseed oil for frying (or substitute olive oil)
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 Tbl chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tbl chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 Tbl lime juice
- sea salt
- Peel husks rom Tomatillos and rinse. Slice crosswise into 1/3″ slices.
- Pour milk in small bowl. Combine flour, oregano, thyme, salt and plenty of pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat skillet to medium high. Pour enough oil to coat bottom of pan. Dip tomatillo slices in milk an them flour and place in pan. Sear each slice until outsides are crisp and lightly browned (about 1 minute a side). Remive from pan and place on paper towels.
- Remove stem and seed from jalopena. With food processor on drop in pepper to mince. With processor off add cilantro, chives and pulse to mince. Add mayo and lime juice process to just combine. Season with salt.
- Serve Aioli with warm Tomatillos.