Adapted from Eat Clean Live Well
- 1 pd penne pasta
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 2 cups quartered plum tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 Tbl capers
- 3 Tbl olive oil
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 2 bunches of Swiss chard chopped (with stems) into bite size pieces
- pinch of sea salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- Cook pasta according to directions drain, rinse and set aside.
- With food processor running drop in garlic to mince. Turn off processor and add tomatoes and basil. Pulse 2 or 3 times to chop. (do not puree)
- Add capers and pulse one time.
- Over medium heat saute onion in dutch oven until soft (2 min). Add Swiss chard and cook until wilted. Add pasta fold in to separate clumps and incorporate greens.
- Fold in Tomato Basil mixture season with salt and red pepper and serve.