The Stearns Farm CSA Board of Directors has openings for current sharers and friends of the farm with experience in marketing, fundraising, agriculture and/or experience on non-profit boards.
Board members have an active role not only in ensuring the sustainability of the farm, but also in supporting and promoting local, sustainable agriculture and its impact on the community. Board members’ responsibilities include:
- Attend monthly Board meetings (9-11 each year) and participate in farm activities.
- Help communicate and promote Stearns Farm’s mission and programs to the community.
- Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by the Farm Manager or Board President.
- Shape strategy and annual goals for the farm.
- Ensure the financial sustainability of the farm; become familiar with Stearns Farm’s finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
- Financially support the farm in a manner commensurate with one’s ability; assist with fundraising when appropriate.
- Guard against conflict of interest, whether personal or business-related.
If you are interested in joining the board, or would like to know more, contact Nomi Sofer at firstname.lastname@example.org. Board members will also be available to answer questions at the Fall Festival and Annual Meeting on Saturday, Oct. 1 from 12-2 pm.
For a more detailed description of Board Member responsibilities, see our page, What Stearns Farm Board Members Do.