adapted from It’s all Easy by Gwyneth Paltrow
- 2 pounds new potatoes or fingerling
- lots of sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest or 1 lemon finely grated
- 1 large clove of garlic finely minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Put potatoes in cold water to cover with generous pinch of salt
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until just cooked depending on size (roughly 15 minutes for small potatoes)
- Drain, cool slightly and with knife or palm of your hand crush each potato.
- Heat oil in sauté pan , when oil is hot place potatoes in pan and let sit until brown and crispy on the bottom. Turn and crisp the other side. Add lemon zest, parsley and garlic and stir with potatoes. Cook for 1 minutes, salt and serve.