We’ve started marketing the 2017 summer shares to the public, and we would love to have your help introducing Stearns Farm to your neighbors, co-workers and others in your community. There are several ways you can spread the word:
- Put a sign in your front yard. If you kept the yard sign you displayed in the spring, put it out now for the next few weeks. If you don’t have a sign and you would like one, you can pick one up at the farm.
- Share your experiences on social media or in online community groups. Post a link to our Facebook page or our summer share information page. Use this image with your post!
- Don’t use social media? Email the 2017 Summer Share Basics PDF to your network.
- Distribute Stearns Farm postcards. Put a stack on your desk at work, with a local business, at your library or other places where people gather (with permission, of course).
- Staff a booth at a local event where we’re promoting the farm.
- Post flyers on community bulletin boards at your kids’ school, the local library or other locations.
If you would like a sign, flyers or postcards, or you are interested in volunteering at an event, email email@example.com. You can arrange to pick up materials when you collect your share, or when you come to the Fall Festival and Annual Meeting this Saturday, Oct. 22, from 12-2 pm.
Remember why you joined? Maybe you want to ensure your family has fresh, organically-grown vegetables and berries to eat. Perhaps it’s important for your kids to learn about where food comes from, how plants grow, and to form a connection with the earth. Or you want to support sustainability, preserve farmland and maintain open space. Whatever your motivation, it’s likely other people you know in your community share it and would love to join you at the farm!
Friends make the Stearns Farm community vibrant and vital. Thanks for spreading the word!