Adapted from The Chew, Clinton Kelly
ARUGULA PESTO :
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1 container baby arugula (5 ounces)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano (finely grated)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt (to taste)
- 1 pound farfalle
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (plumped in hot water)
- 3/4 cup ricotta cheese (to garnish)
- red pepper flakes (to garnish)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- In the bowl of a food processor add the walnuts and garlic and pulse until finely chopped. Add the arugula and parmesan and pulse until finely chopped. While the machine is running, slowly stream in the olive oil. Remove to a bowl, season with salt and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Adjust the oven rack to the top of the oven and preheat the broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place the chicken thighs on the baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place under the broiler and allow to broil until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping halfway through. Remove from the oven and thinly slice.
- Once the pasta is al dente, drain and toss with the arugula pesto. Add the raisins and toss to combine. Divide between bowls, top with sliced chicken, dollops of ricotta and red pepper flakes.