adapted from Zest (Top Irish Restaurants)
- 7 ozs of red wine vinegar
- 3/4c sugar
- 2 red onions
- 4 beets
- 1/4 cup walnuts (lightly toasted)
- 4 oz feta
- walnut oil
- red chard
- salad greens
- sea salt
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- Bring red wine vinegar and sugar to boil.
- Slice onions into very thin rounds
- Pour vinegar sugar mixture over onions and let sit 1 hour
- Cover beets with water add a dash of vinegar and salt
- cook 45 minutes to 1 hour until tender
- Peel and slice beets add few tables spoons of vinegar sugar mixture and let sit
- To serve place drained onions, beets and feta in a bowl, top with salad greens in bowl and toss with salt and walnut oil. Fold in walnuts and serve.
- Best served at room temperature.