Adapted from Idylwilde Farm
- 1 1/2 pd winter squash peeled cubed
- 1 qt chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion peels and finely chopped
- 2 Tbl butter or Olive oil
- 2 Tsp fresh ginger grated
- 12 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper flakes
- juice of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika for top
- Boil squash in chicken stock until soft. add water if needed to cover.
- Sauté garlic and onions with seasonings (ginger, curry powder, turmeric and hot pepper flakes)in butter /oil until onions are soft
- Puree squash with lemon and a little stock. Add stock while continuing ot blend until desired consistency.
- Add onion spice mixture and blend a little keeping some of the onion texture.
- season sprinkle paprika on top and serve hot.