Hello, Dear Sharers!
I want to thank those of you new folks who have already attended an orientation, and I look forward to meeting the rest of you tomorrow night at our final orientation!
For ALL sharers, both new and old, below is a review of CSA Pick Up basics. This is by no means extensive, so all NEW sharers who have not attended orientation should attend tomorrow (Tuesday) evening’s orientation, which is at the farm, starting promptly at 7 p.m.
Pick up times
When you first purchased your share, you selected a pick-up day–either Tuesday or Friday. This will be the day you pick up for the remainder of the season.
PICK UP HOURS ARE AS FOLLOWS: Tuesday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Friday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Pick up takes 5 minutes if you are not doing Pick-Your-Own and more like 15-20 minutes if you are doing some PYO.
- Please sign in when you pick up your share.
Switching pick up days
We allow each share three pick up “switches” per season. You can switch days within the same week, but you may not switch between weeks. To switch pick up days, please email email@example.com by Sunday evening of that week (we harvest for Tuesday on Monday morning.) If you are going to be gone for an entire week, and a switch won’t work for you, you may send someone to pick up for you, or just know that we will give your share to one of the food rescue organizations we donate our extra produce to.
Pick your own
- Please bring your own containers for PYO.
- Please respect the quantities and guidelines posted!
- PYO crops may be harvested between Tuesday and Saturday OF THE SAME CALENDAR WEEK they are listed. PYO crops and quantities are listed at the tent on a chalkboard.
What to bring
- We provide small plastic produce bags under the tent, but ask that you bring your own canvas (or plastic or paper) totes to carry your produce away in.
- Bring scissors for harvesting your herbs and flowers.
- Bring a container that you can put water into to make sure your flowers make it home fresh and happy!
Kids at the farm!
We love having kids at the farm! We have a children’s garden and a swing behind the pick-up tent for their entertainment. We don’t mind children roaming free, but please encourage your child to play safely, stay off the tractors, and be respectful of the plants, living critters, and other people that they are sharing the farm with.
We communicate via email! If you have an emergency regarding pick-up or other questions, the best way to reach us is via email, and not via telephone.
We send out a weekly newsletter each Monday with any important info you may need, along with a list of the crops that may be in the share that week, PYO for that week, and some helpful recipes.
The only time that we will cancel pick up will be in case of EXTREME WEATHER or other emergency. We have only canceled once in the past two years, but if there is any extreme weather, please check your email to be certain that pick up is still happening.
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org!