One more green tomato recipe that’s a little more savory. Use it as a condiment for roast chicken, pork chops, sausages, quesadillas–or anything. From Shockingly Delicious.
- 1 pound green tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
Simmer all the ingredients in a small saucepan, covered, for 30 minutes. Remove the lid to cool.