From Eating Well magazine, this is an easy and hearty weeknight meal. Beef or turkey chili is served on sweet potatoes, with cheddar and Greek yogurt for topping.
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
- ¾ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbl chili powder
- 1 Tblground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 14-ounce can diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup water
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- ½ cup shredded cheese, such as Cheddar or Pepper Jack
- Cook beef or turkey, onion, bell pepper and garlic in a large skillet over medium-high heat, crumbling the beef with a spatula, until the meat is browned, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano and coriander. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds, then add tomatoes with their juice, along with the water, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, prick the sweet potatoes with a fork in several places and microwave on high until tender all the way through, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve the sweet potatoes topped with the chili and cheese.