We haven’t started growing mushrooms. But this salad features one of our popular herbs. Although a salad that contains mostly raw mushrooms may seem odd, this one is delicious: give it a try! Light and bright, it’s quick to toss together on a busy week night or lazy weekend. It pairs great with grilled or roasted meats.
Inspired by Giada De Laurentiis, Serious Eats
- 2-ounce chunk of parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 9 ounces button or cremini mushrooms, wiped clean
- The zest of 1 lemon
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Thinly slice mushrooms and place in a bowl with enough room to stir and mix.
- Use a peeler to flake parmesan on top of the mushrooms.
- Chop parsley and place in bowl on top of parmesan.
- Zest the lemon over the salad and top with cracked black pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, and salt until emulsified. Drizzle over the salad, and toss lightly.
- Serve right away, or wait 10-15 minutes to give the mushrooms time for a quick marinate in the dressing.