Enjoy radish butter on toast or crackers. This recipe, which is one of my favorites, was inspired by a fellow-sharer, whose name I don’t know. She gave me the idea while we sorted through cured squash for the winter share pick-up during our work-for-share hours. Thank you, anonymous sharer! This recipe is one of my favorites.
Ingredient proportions can be adjusted to your taste, below are those recommended by splendidtable.org
- ½ pound radish
- 8 T butter
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt (or use ½ tsp Maldon salt for more texture)
- Let butter soften at room temperature.
- Put the radishes in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until the radish is chopped into very fine dice, four or five 3-second pulses.
- Wring out the excess liquid from the radishes with cheesecloth or a paper towel.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the butter and salt.
- With a rubber spatula, cream the radish and butter together, until the mixture comes together in a smooth, pliable mass.
- Transfer the mixture to a 2-cup ramekin or bowl, and serve at room temperature.