This yummy sauté makes a great side dish with any piece of grilled meat, poultry or seafood.
Adapted from Real Simple
Makes 4 servings
- 1 T olive oil
- 4 medium carrots, sliced ¼” thick
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 15.5 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 2 T chopped, fresh dill
- Heat skillet with the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the carrots and sauté for 10 minutes (or until tender), stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic to the skillet and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add the rinsed chickpeas, salt and pepper to taste and continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally until the entire mixture is heated through. Stir in the lemon juice and dill and serve.