This can be made for an easy lunch or side dish for a main meal.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 c saltine crackers
- ½ c melted butter
- 2 c onions, sliced thin
- 2tsp olive oil
- ¾ c milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ c shredded, sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Crush the saltine crackers, mix with the butter and press the mixture into an 8” pie pan.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat and sauté the onions until they are transparent. Add the onions to the prepared pie pan.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and salt together. Pour the milk-egg mixture over onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Cut the pie into wedges and serve hot.