The Framingham Agricultural Advisory Committee currently has three open seats. If you’re a Framingham resident, this is a great opportunity to get involved in City government and influence decisions.
It is the policy of the City of Framingham to conserve, protect and encourage the maintenance and improvement of agricultural land for the production of food and other agricultural products and also for its natural and ecological value. The Agricultural Advisory Committee was established to serve as the primary advocate for farming and agriculture in Framingham. The committee is charged with administration of the City’s Right-to-Farm bylaw, but does not have any regulatory/enforcement powers.
The committee’s roles and responsibilities are as follows:
- Serve as a local voice advocating for farmers, farm-related businesses and agricultural interests in general.
- Provide visibility for farming in Framingham.
- Work with other city departments/boards/commissions/committees on issues facing the town that affect agriculture.
- Help resolve farm-related problems and/or conflicts.
- Protect farmlands and natural resources.