Recipe found on debbiemakeslowcarbdelicious.com
These fries can also be prepared in an air fryer!
Salt and pepper
Optional seasonings: garlic, lemon pepper, garlic & herb, onion powder, paprika, curry, cumin, or chili powder
- Peel and slice the raw kohlrabi into fry-sized slices using a vegetable chopper or by hand: lay each half cut-side down. Slice lengthwise into 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick slices. Stack about half of the slices and cut lengthwise into 1/4″ – 1/2″ thick fries. Repeat with the rest.
- Spread out the strips in a single layer on a baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with the salt and pepper (and other seasonings) if desired. Bake 20 to 30 minutes at 400 degrees until the kohlrabi softens slightly, but still has a light crunch.
- Peel and slice the raw kohlrabi into fry-sized slices using a vegetable chopper or by hand.
- Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a deep pan over medium-high heat (you will need to adjust the amount of oil depending on the size of your pan). When the oil is hot, carefully drop the kohlrabi slices into the pan, being careful not to crowd them. Let the slices fry for 4-5 minutes per side – it may take a little less or more time depending on the size. Watch carefully and turn the slices once they start to turn golden.
- Remove the fries and drain well on paper towels. Season with salt and pepper, or other seasonings.