Recipe sourced from marthastewart.com
Adapted from Chef Mike Price of Market Table Restaurant, NY
Makes 4 servings
- 1 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large head escarole, washed, tough stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano
- Crushed red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt
Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add the oil, butter and garlic, Cook until the garlic is golden brown.
Add the fennel and onion and cook, stirring, until almost tender and caramelized, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Then add the escarole, oregano and red-pepper flakes; season with salt. Cook until escarole is wilted, 3 to 4 minutes.