Recipe sourced from camillestyles.com
- 2 red bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered
- 2 yellow bell peppers, stemmed, seeded, quartered
- 2 zucchini, trimmed, cut on the diagonal into 1/2″ thick pieces
- 4 slices crusty white Italian bread
- olive oil, salt & pepper
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/3 cup mint leaves, chopped
- 1/3 cup basil leaves, shredded
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz piece of feta or fresh mozzarella, broken into chunks
Heat grill to medium. Brush the peppers, zucchini and bread on both sides with oil. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Grill peppers and zucchini until slightly charred and just tender, turning often, about 6 minutes. Add the bread for the last 3 minutes of cooking, and grill until lightly charred and just crisp, turning often. Transfer to a cutting board and let cool.
Meanwhile, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, olives, mint and basil in a large bowl. Chop the peppers and zucchini into 1/2″ pieces and add to the bowl. Tear the bread into 1″ pieces and add to the bowl.
Whisk the oil and vinegar together, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Add the dressing to the salad, toss to gently coat and add the cheese. Bon appetit!