Recipe from Frugal Vegan by Katie Koteen & Kate Kasbee
Sourced from onegreenplanet.org
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 lb medium carrots, trimmed, peeled, sliced lengthwise, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, quartered and sliced in 1-inch chunks
- 1 (15 oz) can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups water or broth
- Half a lemon, juiced
- Fresh cilantro, for serving, optional
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Mix the curry powder, salt and olive oil in the bottom of a large bowl. Add the carrots and onions to the bowl. Toss to coat, and then pour it all out onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake until the vegetables are very tender and just beginning to caramelize for about 30 to 40 minutes.
Remove the vegetables from the oven and transfer them to a large pot. Add coconut milk and water (or broth). Let the mixture simmer for just a few minutes. Then, working in batches, transfer to a blender and blend until smooth. Return the soup to the pot and warm.
Add lemon juice and fresh cilantro before serving. Enjoy!