Update 5/8/2022: Thank you to everyone who responded. We have filled the position and look forward to another great season!
We are looking for a qualified candidate to be our new bookkeeper. This is a paid, part-time, year-round position. Compensation is $20-$25/hour, depending on experience, plus a full season Classic vegetable share. Weekly hourly commitment varies throughout the year but ranges from 4-6 hours a week. Position begins mid-May.
See the list of responsibilities and expectations below. If interested, please email your resume to Ember, the Farm Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to spread the word if you know someone who is qualified. Finalists will be required to provide references.
Stearns Farm Bookkeeper Job Description
● Accurately record day-to-day transactions in QuickBooks and process all accounts payable
and receivable. Pay invoices in a timely manner, collect and track checks and cash to make
bank deposits, record payroll data, manage sales tax reporting and payments.
● Ensure accuracy of coding and maintain documentation for financial transactions.
● Perform reconciliation of bank accounts, credit card, and payment processors (PayPal,
Square, etc.). Run and download reports and statements to assist with reconciliations and
ensure all online store transactions are recorded.
● Record adjusting journal entries and track pre-paid expenses, deferred revenue, temporarily
restricted net assets, and inventory.
● Create and finalize financial reports, provide frequent updates on share sales and annual
appeal progress (seasonal).
● Maintain all financial, insurance, and compliance documentation in a combination of paper
and electronic data.
● Prepare QuickBooks file and documentation needed for CPA to complete annual tax filing.
● Communicate with sharers, customers and donors regarding transactions, send tax exempt
letters to donors.
● Take lead on communication and documentation for any audits.