Recipe sourced from bbc.co.uk/food/recipes
Yields 4 servings
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1–2 Tbsp garlic and ginger paste
- 2 Tbsp medium curry powder
- 15 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- 15 oz can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 14.5 oz cans chopped tomatoes
- Salt and black pepper
- Fresh coriander, to garnish (optional)
Put the onion in a large non-stick pan, add the oil and a generous pinch of salt, and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften.
Add the garlic and ginger paste and stir in well, then stir in the curry powder. Pour in the pineapple, along with all of the juice. Add the kidney beans, then the tomatoes, and stir well. Season generously with black pepper and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the curry from sticking and burning. You may need to add a splash of water to stop it from drying out.
Serve hot, with rice and coriander, if using. Enjoy!