Recipe sourced from therecipecritic.com
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped thyme
- 1 Tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Avocado Corn Salsa:
- 2 avocados, diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (11 oz) can yellow corn drained
- ½ red onion diced
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- Juice of one lime
- In a large bowl or Ziploc bag, add the olive oil, garlic, chopped rosemary, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the flank steak and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to high heat. Discard marinade and add the flank steak to the grill. Let the steak sear on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side and then move to indirect heat and let cook until desired doneness. Medium rare is 130-135°F on a thermometer. Remove steak from heat and cover with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes.
- To make the avocado corn salsa: Add avocado, tomatoes, corn, red onion, cilantro and lime juice to a medium sized bowl and mix until combined.
- Slice the steak across the grain and top with avocado corn salsa.