Recipe adapted from bbcgoodfood.com
Makes 6 servings
- 2 whole kohlrabi, peeled
- Head of spring greens, finely shredded
- 2 bunches spring onions, very finely shredded
- Small bunch radishes, quartered
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
For the dressing
- 6 oz mayonnaise
- 3.5 Tablespoon grated horseradish, fresh or from a jar
- 2 heaped teaspoons cracked black pepper
- Using a sharp knife, or preferably a mandolin, very thinly slice the kohlrabi, then cut into strips. Tip into a bowl and toss through the spring greens, spring onions and 1-2 tsp sea salt. Set aside for 30 mins and let the salt draw out any excess liquid from the vegetables.
- Meanwhile, mix together the mayonnaise, horseradish and black pepper. Give the vegetables a little rinse and squeeze out any excess water with a clean cloth, then tip into a bowl. Add the radishes, dressing and lemon juice, and toss everything together.