Recipe found on diversivore.com
Makes 10 servings
- 1/2 lb garlic scapes, finely chopped (see note)
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 small red chili pepper, minced (optional)
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl or container and mix thoroughly. Set aside for an hour to let the flavours mingle. Ta-da.
Chimichurri benefits from a somewhat chunky texture, so the author recommends hand-chopping the ingredients, rather than using a blender or food processor (those will give you a texture more like pesto).