Recipe sourced from thewickednoodle.com
- 1 head garlic (outer paper leaves discarded but bulb left intact)
- 1-2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut the top 1/2″ from garlic bulb (straight across the top so you cut into just the tops of the cloves). Place garlic bulb in a ramekin, drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil.
Roast for 30-40 minutes or until garlic is very soft and lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Squeeze the garlic out of its skin and into a small dish. Mash with a fork and use as desired.
25 ways to use Roasted Garlic:
- Mix into mashed potatoes
- Use as a base for homemade pizza.
- Combine with some mayonnaise or mustard for a delicious sandwich or burger spread.
- Add to soups for a subtle garlic flavor.
- Cook some carrots and mix in the roasted garlic.
- Mix into hamburger meat then toss them on the grill.
- Add some to a juicy steak.
- Mix into softened butter, then use for grilled cheese sandwiches.
- Mix into some hummus.
- Rub some onto raw chicken before baking.
- Add some to gravy for a deeper, richer flavor.
- Mix with your mayo and make a roasted garlic potato salad.
- Try adding some to your favorite salad dressing (balsamic & Dijon is delightful).
- Toss some into your favorite Mexican dish.
- Mix some with sour cream or Greek yogurt for an easy dip (don’t forget the salt).
- Use it in place of regular garlic for a roasted garlic pesto.
- Rub onto corn on the cob.
- It makes a terrific garlic bread.
- Mix into your mac and cheese.
- Add some to your favorite guacamole recipe.
- Mix with some high-quality olive oil and use it for dipping bread.
- Make an easy flatbread: drizzle flatbread with olive oil, spread on some roasted garlic, top it with Gorgonzola crumbles then bake it in a 400°F oven until it’s soft and warm.
- Add some to a savory jam.
- It would be fantastic in your favorite salsa!
- Spread it directly on warm bread.