Recipe sourced from cooking.nytimes.com
Yields 6 servings
- 2 heads baby bok choy (about 1 pound), cored and very finely sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ pound daikon, peeled and cut into fine strips
- 1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fine strips of basil
- ½ cup fine strips of mint
- ½ cup lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
In a large bowl, toss the bok choy, onion, daikon, radishes, basil and mint. Set aside.
In a blender, combine the lime juice, mustard and fish sauce and blend on high. While the motor is running, slowly drizzle in the oil until it is fully incorporated. Pour the mixture from the blender over the cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove the slaw from the refrigerator and drain excess liquid. Serve with roast lamb or beef, if preferred.