There are less than thirty 2022 Winter Shares available for purchase! With regular season CSA pickups ending this week, don’t miss the opportunity to continue enjoying yummy Stearns veggies into the new year. The deadline to order is Friday, November 11th so secure yours while supplies last.
As a reminder, all are welcome to purchase a Winter Share from Stearns, you do not need to be a current CSA member to buy or gift one. And just in time for winter holiday feasts, this share is perfect for cooking up traditional favorites, trying out new celebratory dishes and preparing for the snow-covered months ahead with pickling, freezing and preserving the best of the Stearns Farm bounty.
Contents are subject to change based on availability, but sharers can expect to see things like:
- Mushrooms (sourced locally)
- Pea tendrils
- Fresh cranberries (great for stuffing and breads)
- Popcorn (fun to make and ready in minutes on the stovetop)
- Winter squash
- A variety of root vegetables including potatoes, carrots, daikon radishes and turnips
- An assortment of dried herbs (prepared by Tina Alexander, Penelope’s Garden work-for-sharer)
Pickups this year will be on Saturday, November 19th & Saturday, December 17th from 10AM – 2PM in the main greenhouse. These dates are somewhat weather-dependent, but if we have to change them, the pickups will still take place before Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you are unable to pick up during these hours due to religious observance or other circumstances, contact Ember at firstname.lastname@example.org to make alternative pickup arrangements.