Recipe sourced from bbcgoodfood.com/recipes
Yields 4 servings
- 1 whole cauliflower (about 18 oz when trimmed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 Tbsp hot vegetable stock
- 1 bunch fine asparagus, stems cut into small pieces, tips left whole
- 1 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- Zest of 2 lemons, juice of 1
- 2 tsp golden caster sugar
- 2 Tbsp capers, drained and chopped
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus extra to serve
- 3-4 Tbsp parsley, leaves only
- Small pack mint, leaves only
- 1 bunch spring onions, shredded
Grate the cauliflower on the coarse side of a box grater, stopping only when you get to the very hard central core. Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large pan, add the cauliflower with some seasoning and fry over a medium heat for 3 mins, stirring regularly. Splash in the stock, stir, then cover the pan and cook for 3-4 mins more. Stir once or twice during cooking until the cauliflower is just tender and the stock is absorbed. Spread over a plate and leave to cool. Wipe out the pan.
Heat the remaining oil in the pan and add the asparagus stems, zucchini and seasoning. Fry over a high heat until turning golden, about 3 mins. Add the asparagus tips, fry for 2 mins more, then leave to cool.
Mix the zest and lemon juice, and the sugar, capers, oil and some seasoning. Chop the herbs fairly finely, then tip into a large bowl with the cauliflower, vegetables and spring onions. When ready to eat, add the dressing and mix well. Mound onto a serving plate, drizzle with a little more oil, then cut the remaining zested lemon into wedges and serve alongside.