Recipe sourced from realsimple.com
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red peppers, drained
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 2 ½ Tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 7 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 large head cauliflower
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 2 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved (about 1¼ cups)
- ⅓ cup chopped roasted almonds
Process red peppers, almond butter, vinegar, 4 tablespoons oil, and ½ teaspoon salt in a blender, scraping down sides as needed, until smooth, about 1 minute.
Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Cut cauliflower lengthwise into 4 “steaks” (¾ inch thick), leaving stem intact. Brush cauliflower with 2 tablespoons oil; season with black pepper and remaining 1 teaspoon salt. Grill cauliflower, covered, turning occasionally, until stem is tender when pierced with a knife, 12 to 14 minutes.
Meanwhile, toss chickpeas, arugula, radishes, lemon juice, and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a bowl. Divide red pepper sauce among plates. Top with cauliflower steaks, salad, cheese, and almonds.