Recipe found on outsideonline.com
- 2 Tbsp. Balkan yogurt or whole-milk regular yogurt
- 1 tsp each ground cumin and smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb de-boned lamb shoulder, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 6–8 apricots, halved (or use 3⁄4 cup dried apricots)
- 3 large red onions, cut into 2-inch pieces (or 6–8 shallots, halved)
- 3⁄4 cup Balkan yogurt or whole-milk regular yogurt
- 6 Persian cucumbers, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped mint, divided
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- 6–8 metal or wooden skewers (soaked if using wooden)
Preheat a greased grill to medium-high. Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, combine yogurt, cumin, paprika, and salt. Add lamb and stir to coat. TIP: If you have more time, you can marinate lamb in yogurt mixture in the refrigerator up to 4 hours.
To each skewer, add 2 pieces of lamb followed by 1 apricot half and then 1 onion piece; repeat. Skewer all remaining ingredients in the same manner.
Add skewers to grill and cook for 3 to 5 minutes per side, until cooked through and browned.
Meanwhile, prepare yogurt salad: In a small bowl, combine yogurt, cucumbers, one-half of mint and salt. Garnish with remaining one-half of mint. Serve with skewers.