Recipe sourced from shelovesbiscotti.com
- 2-3 Tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, previously boiled and drained
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- 2 cups vegetable broth, homemade or store-bought
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 Tablespoons milk, optional garnish
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for about 5-7 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and stir for one minute or so. Add the previously boiled and drained broccoli rabe and stir fry for a few minutes. Season to taste with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Add the vegetable broth, grated potato and bay leaf. Simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and remove bay leaf. With the help of an immersion blender, puree the soup. Re-heat the soup and taste. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Serve soup and garnish with yogurt, milk or a drizzle of olive oil.