Recipe sourced from rachelcooks.com
Yields 6 servings
2 Tablespoons olive oil
3 cups cubed butternut squash (1/2 inch cubes)
1 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
1 cup chopped carrots (about 2 carrots)
3/4 cup chopped celery (about 2 stalks)
4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 cups chopped kale (tough ribs removed)
1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
3 cups vegetable broth
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (1 ½ cups)
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 Tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
Cooked couscous or rice
Fresh chopped cilantro and plain Greek yogurt, for serving
- In a Dutch oven, warm olive oil over medium heat. Add squash, onion, carrots, and celery. Cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are translucent and vegetables are softening.
- Add garlic, curry powder, cinnamon, and pepper flakes. Cook, stirring constantly, one minute longer. Add kale, cook and stir until wilted slightly, about 3 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, broth, chickpeas and raisins. Season with salt and pepper. Turn heat up and bring mixture to a boil, then partially cover the pan, and simmer at low heat for about 20 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, stir in orange juice. Taste and adjust seasoning. Add additional salt, pepper, or orange juice if desired.
- Serve with couscous or rice. Garnish with chopped cilantro and a dollop of yogurt, if desired.