The summer share includes a wide variety of organically grown vegetables, berries, herbs, and flowers. Most of the produce is picked, washed and displayed in our pickup tent. Some of the crops— primarily berries and herbs—are Pick Your Own, which means that you have the opportunity to harvest your own food. Beginning in mid-July, shares include a bouquet of flowers of your choice from our gorgeous flower garden.
We offer two weekly share options: the Classic Harvest, for households of four or more people, and the Farmer’s Choice, for households with two adults or families with small children. The full-season share lasts 20 weeks from mid-June-late-October.
Sharers are required to contribute a minimum number of hours of field labor over the course of the growing season, half of which must be completed by mid-July. (These hours can be paid for if working in the fields isn’t feasible for you.) The full cost of the share plus the membership fee must be paid for before the pick-up season begins.
The weekly distributions are designed to feed one household as part of a balanced diet; the quantity and variety of crops in the shares varies per week, depending on the crops in season, the size of your share, and what is ready to harvest.
To learn more about the crops we plant and when they become available, please see our Harvest Chart.
Pickup days for the 2020 summer share will be Tuesdays and Fridays, 10 am – 7 pm. You choose your pickup day when you register and come to the farm on that day for the duration of the season.
2020 Summer Share Choices
Classic Harvest $777 + $10 membership fee
Feeds 4+ per week as part of a balanced diet
6 work hours—can be paid out for $10/hr
Buy a Classic Harvest Share
- A wide variety of vegetables
- Blueberries and raspberries
Perfect for you if …
- You have a large household or older children with big appetites
- People in your household will eat most vegetables
- Cooking is your hobby; you enjoy having a variety of ingredients to work with.
Farmer’s Choice $456 + $10 membership fee
Feeds 2-4 per week as part of a balanced diet
4 work hours—can be paid out for $10/hr
Buy a Farmer’s Choice share
- A manageable quantity of popular crops (including lettuce, mixed greens, scallions, radishes, peas, carrots, eggplant, sweet peppers, cucumbers, tomatoes, Swiss chard, kale, cabbage, string beans, zucchini, potatoes, winter squash, and more)
- Occasional specialty crops, such as tomatillos.
- Raspberries and blueberries
Perfect for you if ….
- This is your first CSA experience, and you want to see what it’s like
- Your household is two adults or a small family with young children.
- Not everyone you live with likes vegetables
- You love salads, vegetable snacks, juices and smoothies, but you’re too busy to cook.
- You aren’t home much. If you have too much produce around, it goes to waste.
A limited number of work-for-shares are available. In return for making a commitment to work 4 hours/week during the farm season, working sharers receive a generous share of the harvest. You must be physically fit for the demands of farm work. Contact Ember Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. There is a nominal registration fee to become a work-for-share. Work-for-shares must also join Stearns Farm and pay the $10 annual membership fee.
Updated on March 14, 2020