Most of the produce is picked, washed and displayed in our pickup tent. Some of the crops, primarily strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and herbs, are Pick-Your-Own, which means that you have the opportunity to get out in the fields and harvest your own food. PYO crops are typically the most labor intensive and delicious ones!
Beginning in mid-July, your share includes a PYO bouquet of flowers from our gorgeous flower garden.
- We offer a 20-week share, with a choice of two sizes. The Farmer’s Choice feeds 2-4 people, and the Classic Harvest feeds 4 or more.
- Pickups begin in mid-June (depending on the weather).
- Pickup days are Tuesday 2-7 pm or Friday 10-7 pm. Choose your regular pickup day when you sign up. Occasional switches for travel or vacation are fine.
- Get your hands dirty! Stearns farm offers sharers the rare opportunity to help grow their food. Shares include a work-hour requirement, which allows you to learn about what it takes to grow the delicious veggies and berries you will enjoy all summer.
- Cost: $740 for a Classic Harvest share; $435 for a Farmer’s Choice share.
- Work hours per season: Classic Harvest share: 6; Farmer’s Choice share: 4. You can pay for some or all of your hours if working in the fields isn’t feasible for you.
Stearns Farm is a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) farm. Under the CSA farming model, the farm manager plans and grows the crops for shareholders, who pay up front for for a portion of the harvest. Share prices cover the operating costs of the farm, including seeds, soil amendments and wages for the farmers. Stearns Farm is a not-for-profit CSA that donates a portion of its harvest to alleviate hunger in our community.
(Updated October 2016)
Visit www.stearnsfarmcsa.org/store to reserve your share now!